The current version of SnapShot! is v4.6.
Version 5.0 will be available toward the beginning of Q2 2020.
User Security Privileges
There are two User Security Privileges reports:
- The Standard report is a Microsoft Word document which follows the same format as the Security Role Report.
- The Raw report is a Microsoft Excel worksheet that is just a dump of all of the security privileges applied to the user. These priviledges are used to generate the Standard report.
The User Security Privilege reports are only created for active users. This is a change implemented in version 4.7 (October, 2019).
The number of files in the UserPrivileges and UserPrivileges-RawData folders should always match. If they do not, then please contact us. This, more than likely, means an error occured during report generation.
Also starting in v4.7, a new file will be generated and placed into the Security folder: Users without security privileges.txt. This file lists the active users that do not have security privileges, which usually means they do not have security roles. Users that have no security privileges will not have a security report (Standard or Raw) generated. This file is used to help reconcile the number of files generated.
If Users without security privileges.txt does not exist, then you have no users without security roles.
I think I am missing data...
Due to various conditions, you may not always see reports for all users. Here is how you determine if you are missing data:
- Open the Users report (Excel worksheet).
- Filter the Active column on Yes.
- Record the number of Active Users.
- Open the UserPrivileges folder and count the number of files.
- Open the file: Users without security privileges.txt and count the number of uers.
- Add steps 4 and 5 together and the result should equal step 3.
If the numbers do not match, then please contact us so we may investegate.
Plugin steps that begin with the following are now ignored:
Custom Workflow Activities
Custom workflow activities are ignored if the activity assembly name begins with one of the following:
Processes are now filtered by Solution with the following solutions being ignored:
All fields should now have a Field Type of: Simple, Rollup, or Calculated. The exceptions are:
- Floating Point Number
- Multiple Lines of Text
- Option Set
- Party List
- Primary Key
- Status Reason