I was deleting an unused lookup from a custom entity when I received and error stating that I could not delete the relationship because of a dependence.
That was odd, I thought.
I had removed it from the form, published all customizations, and made sure that it wasnâ€™t used anywhere else. But still, this error appeared:
Note: Iâ€™ve had to obscure or change the data to maintain customer confidentiality.
What was even stranger was the fact that I was doing nothing with the relationship with the â€œUnrelatedEntityâ€ shown above.
So I asked the MVP Collective and Joel Lindstrom came up with the answer ( pretty quickly I might add ).
It turns out that the information displayed in the Dependent Components list was indeed correct.
It turns out there was a field mapping used in the relationship between the two entities.
I was attempting to remove a field that was used in the field mapping.
Once I removed the field from the field mapping, I was able to remove the lookup from the entity in question.