Occasionally, you will find a need to change the display name of an organization, which is an operation performed through the CRM Deployment Manager by someone who has the Deployment Manager security role.
Howâ€™s it done
Open the CRM 2011 Deployment Manager then select the Organizations node.Â The list of organizations should look something like this:
1. Highlight the selected Organization the click the Disable link.
You will be prompted to confirm that you wish to disable the organization:
2.Â Select Yes.
Note: Remember that a Disabled organization canâ€™t be accessed.
3. Click the Edit Organization link:
and the Edit Organization Wizard will be displayed:
You will notice that you canâ€™t edit the Name field.Â Thatâ€™s the physical name of the CRM Organizational database and that canâ€™t be changed once itâ€™s created.
You can however, change the following:
- Display Name
- SQL Server
- SQL Server Reporting Services URL
In this exercise, weâ€™ll just be changing the Display Name.
4. Change the Display name field to the new name.
5. Click Next and the standard installation environmental checks:
Assuming you donâ€™t encounter any errors, then click the Next button and you will be asked to perform one last verification before proceeding:
6. Click the Apply button.Â The changes will be applied and again, assuming you donâ€™t encounter any issues, youâ€™ll see the following dialog:
7. Click the Finish button.
Back in the organization list, you will see the change you just made:
8. The last step is to highlight the organization and click the Enable link to enable the newly changed CRM organization.
As you can see from the following figure, youâ€™ll notice that the URL for the organization remains the same, but the Display Name has been changed: