I have been noticing lately that the Build Configuration dropdown list that is normally found the the Standard Toolbar is missing from my Visual Studio 2010 installation.
After a bit of digging around the Internet, I found a solution, which Iâ€™ll document further here.
1) Select Tools, Customize…
2) Click the Commands tab
3) Select the Toolbar radio button.
4) Select Standard from the dropdown list. The dialog should now look like this:
5) Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select the last item in the list. In my case, unmodified, the last item is Error List.
6) Click the Add Command button.
7), Under Categories, select Build. Under Commands, select Solution Configurations. You should see this:
8) Click OK, the Close
9) The Visual Studio 2010 main menu should now look something like this:
I hope that saves you a bit of searching and hand-wringing.