Version 4.0 of SnapShot! is now live. This is the most major update I’ve made in quite a while with so many adjustments that I am skipping versions 3.8 and 3.9 and moving straight to v4.0.
The following changes and additions have been made to SnapShot!
- Access Team Templates
- Hierarchical security configuration
- Entity Access Privileges
I am really excited about this report! It shows you entity privileges across security roles. Here is a sample of the Account entity:
- SnapShot! now supports a trial mode which will allow you to produce the following reports without having to purchase a license:
- Dynamics CRM 2016
- Verified security privileges included any changes introduced to CRM 2016
- Verified connectivity and report processing functionality
- Views Report
- Now includes disabled views
- Added the following additional view types:
- A template for Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
- Offline template
- Process Report
- Renamed the workflow type PBL to Business Rule.
- User Report
- Added a Position field to report hierarchical security configuration information for CRM 2015 and 2016.
- The Client Access License types (CALs) are now:
- Device Professional
- Device Basic
- Device Essential
- Device Enterprise
- Dynamics CRM Component List
- Modified the component list to make it more compatible with the Dynamics CRM user interface navigation:
Since SnapShot! supports Dynamics CRM 2011, 2013, 2015, and 2016, I filter the component list based on the version of Dynamics CRM that you have connected to so that only components that are available in that version are displayed.
- Report Generation
- Modified the output folder structure and file contents to match the component CRM list show in the SnapShot! user interface.
- User Privileges Report:
- Added sections to show the security roles and teams the user is a member of:
- Security Role and User Privileges Report:
- Made minor cosmetic changes to the reports.
- Modified output to only show privileges that are found on the specific version of CRM the report is being created for.
Previously, all privileges were shown, regardless if they were actually available within that version of Dynamics CRM.
- Forms Report
- Modified report to exclude the following form types:
- Dialog (#8)
- MiniCampaignBO (#3)
- Entities Report
- All Dynamics CRM entities are now exported. Previously, only entities marked as Customizable were export.
- The Introduced Version property has been added to the report.
Visit the SnapShot! product page for more information and to download the trial.
If you have any questions or suggestions for enhancements, then please let me know.