So I am digging around the Dynamics CRM 2015 Spring Update, as I am apt to do, when I ran across something that needs to be changed.
There is a recurring bulk delete job that automatically deletes any plug-in trace log records older than one day, as you can see below:
This is a little too quick for my taste, so I would advise changing this value to be something longer, like seven or thirty days.
The real issue is that we cannot change the query used to select the jobs, but we can change the recurrence pattern.
Modifying a Recurring Job
To change a recurring job, perform the following steps:
1. Navigate to Settings, Data Management, Bulk Record Deletion.
2. Change your view to be: Recurring Bulk Deletion System Jobs
3. Open the bulk delete job in question.
4. Click the Actions button, the select Modify Recurrence. You will see the following dialog:
5. Change he following settings:
- Run the job after every X days
- Start time
Choose values that fit your organization.
6. Click the OK button.
That should change the recurrence so that the interval between runs is longer.